Malden Access Television's programs reflect just a sample of the diverse social, political, ethnic, and artistic communities that thrive in Malden. Individuals and groups submit video programs that MATV cablecasts free of charge. All programming is uncensored and non-commercial.
Public access is founded on the idea that every person who has a message has the right to speak out and access the airwaves. The purpose of public access is to protect and enhance the public’s first amendment rights by providing, through the powerful medium of television and other communications platforms, avenues for freedom of expression and diversity of ideas without fear of censorship or overarching commercial controls.
Our programming on MATV Public Access includes but isn’t limited to:
- News and current events on both local and international levels.
- Talk shows on various topics and subject matter.
- Interviews with local, state, and federal persons of interest.
- Political and issue driven debates.
- Sports programming including games and commentary.
- Live music and entertainment, from Malden and across the globe!
- And of course, just about anything of interest that may interest YOU!
Our programs range from the local to the international in scope, and reach up to a possible 17,000 viewers with cable television service in Malden Massachusetts.
For more information regarding MATV Public Access, please contact MATV Director of Programming & New Media, Patrick Gordon